Sunday, October 12, 2008

Exciting news

And now the most exciting news of all:
New loom. I have bought Kaz's old loom and it is sitting in my living room.


She had done the most fabulous job with the packaging, finding a carrier, the disc of photos so that it should be straight forward to put it all back together again, etc. I am forever grateful.

I have already planned the first project: the sample blanket from Janet's book. I want to increase the size of the sample squares to maybe 10cm squares and break the blanket up into smaller sections so that I can sew them up as cushions or put them into a folder with the drafts/notes printed out next to them for easy reference.

The loom will take a couple of weeks before it can be set up. Bruce will be helping me with it but first, I need to make progress on his scarf.

4 comments:

c u r i o u s w e a v e r said...

Amanda, the loom looks like it arrived in good shape with load of bubble wrap and six rolls of tape as well. Love to see a photo when its all up.

Taueret said...

aw, look, it's kaz's loom! It looks like it went to a great home....even if I am a bit jealous.

Anonymous said...

Hot tip: Take photos of each section going together.
I have a lovely collection of pics, taken when my loom was being erected :)
Enjoy....

Jane said...

Can't wait to see it set up and with its first maiden warp! How exciting to know your loom's "family tree," and whose hands were the last to weave upon it.

Exciting!

Jane